German-American Law for Individual Clients
To individual clients we can provide highly specialized legal services in all aspects of German-American law, particularly to U.S. residents with German roots or other ties to Germany and German citizens planning to move to the United States or become U.S. citizens. Examples are:
- Income taxation in Germany and the U.S. including double taxation treaty;
- Estate planning, U.S. and German gift and estate taxes;
- Representation of heirs and beneficiaries;
- Visa applications to live and work in the United States or Germany;
- German-U.S. dual citizenship (including German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung);
- Cross-border investments including foreign bank account reporting (FBAR) in the U.S.